If you didn’t make a financial pledge to AHCC this past spring, we need your help now. Our pledge goal for this fiscal year is $1.1 million, and to date, we have received pledges for just under $830,000, or about 75% of our goal. Disappointing, but there is good news:
- Average pledge amounts are up by 7%
- We are $10,000 ahead of where we were at this time last year.
- We have identified 85 households who pledged last year who haven’t pledged this year. If these households commit to the same pledge amount for this year, it will make a big impact in helping us meet our overall pledge goal.
You may wonder why it’s important to take the time to make a financial pledge if you’re just going to put the same amount in the collection plate. There are two important differences:
Requesting and receiving pledges in May/June allows us to anticipate our operating budget for program planning done over the summer for the next church year.
The second difference is equally important. By making a pledge, you are acknowledging that you are committed to supporting your church and our future – just as you budget to care for your future and those important to you.
This year’s campaign theme was “All In.” In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus was asked, “Which commandment in the law is the greatest?” He replied, “You shall love the Lord your God with ALL your heart, and with ALL your soul, and with ALL your mind. This is the greatest commandment.” In other words, you need to be ALL IN!
So, if you did not pledge this spring, we hope you will take the time to pledge by doing one of the following:
- Contact Helena Carvalho, Director of Operations, 860.216.9824
- Login to the secure Member Portal to make your pledge online. Just click on the word LOGIN on the top right of any page. If you haven’t created an account yet or are having trouble accessing it, contact Mary Way during office hours at 860-525-5696. On your login page, click on the PLEDGE 2019-2020 button, and complete and submit the form. It’s basically an electronic pledge card. You’ll be given the option of a onetime contribution via electronic funds transfer, or to set up regular monthly withdrawals from your bank or credit card. There is also information there about some questions we often hear about pledging and stewardship (and the answers!)
There are so many exciting plans in the year ahead for us to celebrate our faith and make a difference through our church community. Please join your fellow members who have made this commitment to the future of Asylum Hill Congregational Church by making your pledge. Please help us by being truly “All In.” Thank you.
We will be thanking the individuals and families who have made a financial pledge to AHCC (like we thank those who donate Easter lilies and poinsettias.) On November 24, Thanksgiving Sunday, we will include an insert in the bulletin to show our gratitude to those who pledged for 2019-2020 fiscal year. (NO PLEDGE AMOUNTS WILL BE LISTED)